Video answer: Why bmw n63 has two coolant tanks bmw x5 x6 550i 650i 750i 750li
Top best answers to the question «2011 550i how much to change oil cooler lines»
The average cost for a BMW 550i trans oil cooler line replacement is between $1,161 and $1,331.
- Labor costs are estimated between $649 and $819 while parts are priced at $512.
- This range is based on the number and age of BMW 550i's on the road.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «2011 550i how much to change oil cooler lines?» often ask the following questions:
❓ Are oil cooler lines covered under powertrain warranty?
In general, those parts that are essential for the Powertrain to function are what the warranty exists to cover. On the engine, all of these parts are covered for the duration of the Powertrain warranty: Engine oil cooling hoses. Lines.
❓ Are oil cooler lines necessary?
Low oil levels
Rather than putting a strain on the internal parts of an engine due to lack of lubrication, you will need to get the oil cooler lines replaced as soon as leaks are detected. Replacing these signs as soon as the leak is detected will prevent major headaches and expensive repairs.
❓ Can you plug oil cooler lines?
Pretty sure you can't just plug the lines. 100% of the oil supply to the engine goes thru the cooler, so plugging the lines would starve the engine of oil. Transmission oil coolers can leak into the coolant, too, so be sure that is not the issue…
❓ How do transmission oil cooler lines work?
- How does the transmission oil cooler line work? The transmission cooler lines carry transmission fluid back and forth between the transmission, and an external or radiator integrated cooler. They are often part or wholly metal, and screw in the transmission and transmission cooler at either end.
❓ How do you remove transmission oil cooler lines?
To use the wrench, slide the open end of the wrench over the cooler line, then slide the wrench down the line until it reaches the nut used to secure the line to the transmission. Use the wrench to loosen the nut located at the end of each line, then pull the line away from the transmission to remove it.
❓ How much does it cost to replace oil cooler lines?
The average cost for engine oil cooler line replacement is between $205 and $234. Labor costs are estimated between $110 and $138 while parts are priced at $96. This range does not include taxes and fees, and does not factor in your specific vehicle or unique location. Related repairs may also be needed.
❓ How much to change oil cooler lines on 2011 550i?
BMW 550i Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement Cost Estimate. Labor costs are estimated between $649 and $819 while parts are priced at $516.
❓ How to change 6.0 oil cooler?
Can a Ford engine oil cooler be replaced?
- Replacing the Ford engine oil cooler with another Ford engine oil cooler is the usual fix, but all that does is put off the problem for another 50,000 miles.
❓ How to change fitting in radiator for oil cooler lines?
Is it possible to replace a line on an oil cooler?
- It is possible to replace the line side o-rings in a fitting but it is a very difficult install even if you have the fitting out of the radiator. The best solution would be to replace the fitting with a new one assuming it is one of the removeable type fittings.
Video answer: How to repair a common coolant leak on a bmw 3/5 series
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «2011 550i how much to change oil cooler lines?» so you can surely find the answer!How to make oil lines for oil cooler?
Should I get an oil cooler?
- Most of the engine heat is in the oil, so they are beneficial. If you are cooking the oil at a race, and engine temps stay good, then you definitely need one. Putting the cooler in front of the radiator, is just going to move the heat to the water anyway.
What's the problem with the Chevy Silverado oil cooler?
- General Motors has started a Customer Satisfaction Program to address an issue related to the oil cooler lines in certain examples of the 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500. The problem: in affected vehicles, the engine oil cooler lines may leak and detach from the crimp joints.
Where is the oil cooler on a Ford PowerStroke?
- The lower is the little 12" square on the very bottom, the upper is above that and is actually structural to the transmission bell housing. The oil cooler has a sticker on the side of it telling you it is fastened from the inside. There are bolts around the outside and bolts on the inside of the upper oil pan.
- Oil cooler lines are made up of hard metal lines and flexible sections of rubber hose, the metal ends screw into the engine block. Over time, they will begin to show signs of wear due to vibrations and other road wear. If you notice that the metal part of these lines are crimped or bent, then it is time to change them.
These lines run to an oil cooler, which works a lot like your car's radiator, allowing air to remove excess heat before the oil is sent back into the engine.
Video answer: Bmw e60 e61 oil leak fix | oil filter housing gasket replacement and leak fixWho makes gm transmission oil cooler lines?
What does Dorman transmission oil cooler line do?
- Dorman transmission cooler lines feature premium materials to provide better and longer-lasting protection for transmissions. Dorman lines for specified vehicles include thermostatic bypass valves, the newest technology that optimizes flow and operating temperature of transmission fluid.