Top best answers to the question «Can a rubber band change its shape»
- Answer Yes, a rubber band can change its shape when a force is applied to it and can regain its shape when the force is removed. It is solid in nature but upon the application of force, the shape can change due to the elastic nature of the rubber band. Answer verified by Toppr
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Can a rubber band change its shape?» often ask the following questions:
❓ A rubber band changes its shape?
- Answer: Yes, a rubber band changes shape under force and regains the same shape when the force is removed. It breaks on applying excessive force. Yes, it is a solid.
❓ Can you change the temperature of a rubber band?
- Recording with a video camera (or possibly two) can help you to capture the values at the moment before the rubber band breaks. You can change the temperature of the rubber bands using heated or cooled water. (Coy, 2005)
❓ Can you shape rubber hose?
All we have to do is bend the hose to the shape we want it and heat the bend over a candle. Once you have it warmed up on both the inside and the outside of the bend you just dunk the bend in some cold water and the hose will hold the bend on its own.
❓ How can you change a rubber band to make it fly farther?
To make your rubber band fly farther without necessarily pulling back farther, stretch the rubber band between your left thumb and pointer finger. Then with your right pointer finger pull on one side of the rubber band and release it from your left thumb.
❓ How did the rubber band get its name?
- Either rubber or elastic bands. The substance was discovered by Europeans visiting Brazil around the 1550s; the locals called it caotchouc, whence the Chinese word "gao" and the French word, caoutchouc. Because it was useful rubbing or erasing pencil marks on paper, the British began calling it rubber.
❓ How did the rubber band gun get its name?
- This rubber band shooter gets its name from the pencil that forms its stock. The bits and pieces you'll need to make your peashooter are mostly common household items, and include: Attach your clothespin catch to your pencil.
❓ How do you change the rubber band trick?
Make sure the front of your hand is facing the audience, as shown in the first image. To carry out the illusion, extend the fingers of the hand on which the rubber band is on, excluding the thumb, as shown in the second image. While doing this, keep the back of your hand facing the audience. The switch has been made!
❓ How does a rubber band change its shape?
- Rubber band is a solid but it has the ability to expand and contract when force is applied ..so once it is streached and left it regains its orignal shape. Was this answer helpful? Rubber ban is a solid as it changes shape under force and regains the same shape when the force is removed.
❓ How to change negative behavior with a rubber band?
- Steps to change a negative behavior. 1. Find a rubber band that fits loosely around your wrist. 2. Decide on the thoughts, words, behavior or action you want to change. 3. Decide what positive thoughts, words, behavior or action you are going to replace for the negative behavior. 4.
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «Can a rubber band change its shape?» so you can surely find the answer!Is stretching a rubber band a chemical change or physical change?
Stretching a rubber band is a physical change because the size of the rubber band changes. The color of the rubber band sometimes can change as well when it is stretched. However, the material that the rubber band is made of does not change.What happens when you stretch a rubber band to its maximum?
- When you stretch a rubber band, it usually returns to its normal size; if you continuously pull it beyond the maximum that it can be stretched, the rubber band stays stretched out. Using this metaphor, if you continuously stretch your muscles beyond their maximum range of motion (ROM), eventually they will stay stretched out…..
- Once you let go of the rubber the chains go back to their relaxed state of high entropy and disorder. This is what makes rubber go back to its original shape and size. You can observe this happening yourself by taking an rubber band with your two hands and stretch it.
- ............... in human blood cell which can change its shape. White blood cells and red blood cell both can change its shape. WBC is irregular in shape. They change its shape to engulf or kill bacteria which enter the blood to prevent diseases.
They don't have as much entropy as they did before the rubber was stretched. Once you let go of the rubber the chains go back to their relaxed state of high entropy and disorder. This is what makes rubber go back to its original shape and size.Why is rubber so easy to change shape?
- Also like a liquid, the polymers can move relative to one another, so that the rubber is easy to change shape. Given this molecular picture, it is clear that the rubber is much easier to change shape than change volume. The shear modulus is much smaller than the bulk modulus.